"Mirror Of Ink"

I look into this mirror of ink and see a soul that has no beauty in itself, but is silvery-white in the light of

Your Grace that covers me and makes me new.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

And Tomorrow It Begins...

Tomorrow, February 8th will begin my Spirit-Led Life Challenge. This is a challenge to live completely surrendered to the Holy Spirit and His leading in my life. That means seeing a supernatural presence of God in my life through the fruit He promises to bear in us in Galatians 5.

The thing that has me the most anxious about this whole thing is that I know this is going to take me stepping out of my comfort zone and crucifying my flesh more than ever. It's so easy to get satisfied with our spiritual state and not be motivated enough to make the changes in our life that will take us to the next level in Christ. It's tempting sometimes to judge our own lives based on those around us, and when we find we are substantially or even slightly "more spiritual" than others, we use that as an excuse to be ok with where we are.

But I am realizing that I am not ok. I am not even close to ok. And more importantly, I don't want to be ok. I want to be growing. Maturing. Evolving. Becoming more and more each day the Spirit-filled person God wants me to be. Someone who will be a true light in the darkness and draw people to the Lord. And that can't happen without a constant dissatisfaction with where I am and a motivation to move forward.

So this challenge is cry for change. A desperate plea to escape the normal, complacent, "ok" life and move to the radical, extraordinary, powerful, Spirit-filled life. I better rest up tonight, cause I have a feeling these next 8 weeks are going to be quite a journey! :)

No comments: