"Mirror Of Ink"

I look into this mirror of ink and see a soul that has no beauty in itself, but is silvery-white in the light of

Your Grace that covers me and makes me new.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Countdown to the Challenge

I guess I should have specified in my previous post, but I am planning on starting my Spirit-Led Life Challenge on Monday, February 8th. I figured I would be better off starting at the first of the week rather than in the middle. That way it will be easier to keep track of what I'm doing.

I plan to start Monday with the first characteristic of the fruit of the Spirit listed in Galatians 5- love. My goal is with each week to really seek after the Spirit's leading and to pray and act in supernatural love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. Not the kind that the world gives. Not the kind I can do on my own. The kind that will take a power higher than I to accomplish it in my life. The kind that will set me apart. The kind that will draw people to Jesus in me.

I want to make this clear- I am not doing this to draw attention to myself. My desire is simply to inspire others that the Holy Spirit desires to operate in a GREATER way in our lives. We just have to be willing to let Him. I know that I have much room to grow in this area, as we all do. I believe the Holy Spirit does operate in my life now, but I also believe there is so much more He wants to do in and through me. It will take a daily crucifixion of my flesh and submission to His Spirit to accomplish that.

As I blog each day, I will be as open and honest about my experience for that day as possible. I want to be real. I'm sure some days I will feel much more Spirit-led than others. But my prayer is that overall, I will see a difference in my life. And that others will see it as well.

I am excitedly nervous about this challenge. I've never done anything like this and been so open about it. But I believe accountability is important, and even if no one reads this, I am hoping it will help me to be accountable to the commitment I've made to myself and to the Lord to be more Spirit-led. So I hope you'll tune in and join me on this exciting journey into the radical life of living and being powered by the Holy Spirit!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very excited for this! I'll be reading, trust me!

Anonymous said...

What a huge challenge!!! I'm sure God will honor it and do in you what you are expecting. After all, the only thing He really needs is a willing vessel.

Aunt Martha