"Mirror Of Ink"

I look into this mirror of ink and see a soul that has no beauty in itself, but is silvery-white in the light of

Your Grace that covers me and makes me new.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Week 1 Recap

So yesterday marked the end of my first week of this Spirit-Led Life Challenge. What a week it was! As I sought after more of the Holy Spirit and His love, He truly opened my eyes to the reality of what love is. It is a humbling thing, realizing that I still have so much to learn about the Holy Spirit and His ways. But I am so grateful that when we pray for revelation, He gives it!

I would say out of all the things I learned this week about love, there are a few that really stick out to me.

1. Love should be the motive for all that we do and say.
2. Love is PATIENT.
3. Love is being vulnerable.
4. Love seeks to bless others.

Spirit-led love is so incredibly different from the love that the world shows. We are incapable of duplicating this love in and of ourselves. Therefore, it is one of the most noticeable characteristics of the fruit of the Spirit. I have found that my love has not been measuring up to the love that the Holy Spirit wishes to grow in me. So I am choosing to continue submitting myself to the great Gardener and letting Him weed, water and prune my heart so I can bear His unfailing love.

No comments: