"Mirror Of Ink"

I look into this mirror of ink and see a soul that has no beauty in itself, but is silvery-white in the light of

Your Grace that covers me and makes me new.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 11- Joy In HIM

As I find myself towards the end of my "joy" week, I am learning that the supernatural joy that the Holy Spirit gives is something that is obtained more by growing in knowledge of the Lord than just a one-time dose of happiness. Sometimes I think we mistake the wonderful things that God promises to give us in His Word for just a quick-fix when we find ourselves lacking. But that is not at all how God intended His promises to take shape in our lives. He wants us to seek the source of those promises, rather than just the promises themselves. And in Him- our Source- the fullness of those promises is found.

On this Spirit-Led Life Challenge, I am finding that rather than seeking after more of the fruit of the Holy Spirit, I am much better off seeking after the Holy Spirit himself. God is the ultimate embodiment of all the characteristics I am seeking to have more of in my life. And as I read His Word, spend time in prayer, and live and walk in His presence, these characteristics become a side-effect of my relationship with Him.

I believe God wants to give me joy. Greater joy than what I've ever experienced! But if I only seek after joy (or any other blessing He promises to me) I will miss out on the best part of seeking God- knowing Him! Knowing God and walking in His Spirit daily is the greatest joy this life offers. I encourage you today to not only seek after the benefits God offers, such as His indescribable joy, but seek after God Himself- the source and center of true JOY!

No comments: