"Mirror Of Ink"

I look into this mirror of ink and see a soul that has no beauty in itself, but is silvery-white in the light of

Your Grace that covers me and makes me new.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Confession

Thursday, September 27, 2007

I have a confession to make...


Sometimes I get tired of trying to keep it all together.
Sometimes I just want to be like everyone else.
Sometimes I feel like I can't just be myself.
I have to do everything right.
I have to know all the answers.
I have to help everyone else and not worry about myself.
I struggle with knowing how to meet my own needs without feeling selfish or self-indulgent.
I know others come first.
I know people look to me for an example.
But sometimes I just want to be myself.
To be a 23 year old who doesn't have it all figured out.
To be allowed to make mistakes and not be a bad example.
I want someone else to understand how I feel.
So Lord, this is my confession.
I need Your help.
I need Your strength.
I need your wisdom to make up for my foolishness.
I need your guidance to make up for my confusion.
I need your compassion to make up for my selfishness.
I confess, Lord, that I NEED YOU.

No comments: