"Mirror Of Ink"

I look into this mirror of ink and see a soul that has no beauty in itself, but is silvery-white in the light of

Your Grace that covers me and makes me new.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My Eyes Are Opened

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

We are hypocrites.
We are flawed.
We are tainted.
What is our cry? What is our desire?
"I want more of You! More of You!"
"Pour it out on me! God I want more of You!"
But is it really about God, or about us?
Because with more of God comes change.
Are we changing?
With more of God comes compassion.
Are we reaching out?
With more of God comes holiness.
Are we different?
Or is it just about US?
Where is God in our selfish seeking?
Where is God in our cries for more?
Is He pleased?
Is He honored?
Is He lifted up?
Or is He tired of our needy prayers?
Is He ready to see what He's already given us be lived out?
Is He waiting to pour out more until we are empty again?
We are not empty.
We are full.
We are overflowing.
But we fail to let our overflow reach those who need it.
We choose to hoard each drop for ourselves.
We overlook those who are hurting and helpless.
We're too busy crying out for "MORE".
God, forgive us.
Shut our mouths...quiet our hearts.
Open our eyes to see all we have.
Open our hearts to let it flow out to others.
Open our ears to hear the cries of the helpless.
It's not about us.
It's all about YOU.

"These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain." Matthew 15:8-9

"Though you bring choice fellowship offerings, I will have no regard for them. Away with the noise of your songs! I will not listen to the music of your harps. But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never-failing stream." Amos 5:22-24

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me." Psalm 51:10-11

Oh God, I have failed You. I have taken your blessings and kept them to myself. I have overlooked Your heart for the lost and the broken and have made religion about me. I have sinned. Forgive me for my selfishness. Break my heart once again. Help me to weep for the lost and hurting as you do. Change me from the inside out. When I worship, let it be about giving to You and not receiving from You. When I pray, let it be to glorify you and hear Your heart, not to simply place my needs before you and walk away. When I read Your word, let it burn within me and empower me to reach the lost for You. Let me become empty because I am pouring so much of you out of my life. Only then, dear Lord, will I cry out for more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are right on with this. I'm sure most of us would like to think that we're not that way but so many times we are. The attitude of the heart is really important to the Lord.